

Last year the same thing happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same squirrel! The last time, Kurt started a fire in the fireplace to force the dumb animal to find it's way out.
This time around, Kurt doesn't want to be bothered with it. We shouldn't have to deal with it considering we rent and this isn't our house. I called the landlord's daughter Saturday when I first saw the squirrel and told her about it. She and her husband came out. He looked at the top of the chimney and said he'll be having a flange made (which by law is supposed to already be up there) and install it Wednesday or Thursday.
I just hope he makes sure the rat is out of there by then. Although I do believe it'll be dead by then. We're not sure how long he's been in there, but we know for sure it hasn't had any food or water since Saturday. Just how long can a squirrel survive without food and water????
I'm not a heartless animal hater, but I don't like rodent like animals in my house. I hope if this thing does die in there, that it does it in the fireplace and not up on this flat surface just above the opening on the inside. I don't think dead squirrel will smell very good. Blech!!!



8 comments:
Yuck! I hate squirrels! What does Montana think of him (or has she noticed?)?
she thinks it's funny. Although when she sees how stressed I am about it (whenever he moves), she'll go to the fireplace and yell..."You stop it squirrel! You're upsetting my mommy!" LOL
lol at Montana!! and those new pics (of Montana - NOT the squirrel) are great! -danielle
Hiya Danielle! Thanks! :o)
what a cutie Montana is!
and sorry on the squirrel, I would hate that too
OMG that would so freak me out. Just don't open the door.
Ha! Don't think you can get away from me at CHA.
You have been tagged.
Read my blog for details.
i was just stalking some blogs..and came across yours... i dont mean to laugh at the situation..., but it made me laugh out loud when i saw these pictures......
Post a Comment