Thursday, January 25, 2007

Squirrel Update....

I had finally had it with this squirrel today so I called my landlord. I told her SHE had to do something. She was shocked it was still there.

Stuuuupid squirrel

So I convinced her that they had to call a pest control company. First she wanted us to pay half. I said, uh, no. It's your responsibility to keep your rental property vermin free. So she eventually agreed that they would pay.

WELL! No pest control company will do it because squirrels are considered wild animals. DUH!!! Why the hell do they think I want it out of my house!!

One pest control place suggested I call our county's agriculture dept. I looked on their website and it said they no longer have the funds to deal with "wildlife". WTH!!!

Anywho. After taking Montana to school, Elisa and I stopped at Walmart, where Kurt calls me. I told him the deal and about Elisa's DH's suggestion that we use our own methods to "euthanize" the animal. He agreed. So he's stopping at the hardware store on the way home.

SO....Elisa and I get back to the house. I look in the fireplace with a flashlight, and guess what? NO SQUIRREL!! LOL I don't know where it is. He can't get out into the house, so he either crawled up on this ledge on the inside that's just above the fireplace opening to die, or the moronic squirrel finally found his way out.

2 comments:

Monica said...

dont you know that squirrels carry cell phone interceptors? Poor thing heard your plan to kill him and he left! :)

Susan said...

LOL Monica!!! I think you're right!!